Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fighting on the name of religion

Hi Fellows,

It is the first day of fasting month. Uhuhu god..i just woke up at around 11:00 am today. Man this one adversary habit i can hardly change. Damn..how i wish i could be just like some of my buddies out there. At least 6 hours of sleep is good enough for them. In my case..well at least 8 hours..or sometimes even 9..fewww. Whatever..something has to be done..

Anyway, obviously there will be no brunch today...that's for sure. The first thing i did after got up form my sacred futon was to open the glass window...yess thanks god..it was really good crispy fresh air here in the morning. After taking bath and so on ..here i come..sitting in front of this machine which undisputedly claimed to be one of the greatest invention ever in the history of mankind.

Thing i will do certainly after my computer connected to the internet is to browse news website..Utusan Malaysia, Berita Harian, New Straits Times, The Star etc2 and the list goes on.
What got my attention today was one articles posted by a columnist in New Straits Times titled "Kathirasen on Sunday: ... and ego has the last laugh"- 24 Sep 2006. I do really think it is one of good reading material moreover the title is quite catchy to encourage me went through it further in details.

The article start with what we can call it an intellectual conversation or discussion between a father and his teenage son. While reading a newspaper, his son suddenly queried such "If religion was intended to bring peace, why are people fighting over it?" .

I believe every religion in this planet sermon their believers to uphold peace, tranquility, serenity and good practices. However these days mankind are slandering..killing..demolishing each other by doing it for the sake of religion??. I think it's insane and totally bullshit. And i do agree with the columnist to claim that this all is caused by what so-called 'collective ego'. When you talk about ego it sounds of the "I" and the "my".

"I" fight with you because you said something about "my" religion. You want to burn "my" temple because "I" demolished yours."I" think "my" religion is better than yours. You feel your religion is superior to "mine".

So religion is not to be blamed. It is the ego behind those professing the religion. Religious competition is driving many conflicts today. According to the columnist, certainly ego is understood to be individualistic. There was such a thing as "collective ego", an ego shared by members of a group of people who had the same or similar characteristics and practised a common way of life. When you decry my religion, for instance, I take it as a personal attack on me because this is my religion. My ego is hurt. If many such individual egos feel bruised or hurt, then the collective ego is hurt, I added. As it is rather subtle, its presence is not immediately felt or understood.

Hmm well folks, i think at least i got something to contemplate and ponder about for a few moments today. Hopefully all of us could lead happy life and share this god given beautiful planet together. What i can stretch out here is religion itself is a medium..a powerful medium that influence people no matter in what ways. However i strongly believe that ISLAM is nothing to be blamed but always ..always..and always every second..teaches its believers to pursue prosperity and live in peace!!

Therefore any act which classified to be terrorrism brought out by some muslims shall not be labelled under the sacred name of ISLAM. Thorough study and investigation should be done to dig out the principal and main cause of all those adversary deeds. Nevertheless i think terrorrism or bad deeds never stick to ones as other kind of believers..races..nations..civilizations or organizations also happened to did those bad things. Yet what curious me is when it happened that the terrorist is anything other than muslims, world never recognize them as such ...this religion terrorist..that religion fundementalism organization..western terrorist..US sponsered terrorist or what so ever..never...But should it was carried out by some muslims who are out of their minds or insanity perhaps caused by thousands of reason which the truth causes of all these bloody mayhem never be revealed or intentionally never to be understood why, at end of the day the peacefully and great Islam is the victim to be labelled as the culprit. Huuhhh!!

Kathirasen just got it right when he said "...and ego has the last laugh".

以上です

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home